6.13.2006

Je suis arrive au Kampala!!!

I've finally arrived! After a trip that literally took two days, we've reached Kampala. Im in Uganda! I am more than excited about what lies ahead on this trip. I can already feel my sharp tongue about to cut through my lips and Im trying to hold myself back. Some are extremely naive about developing countries and already criticizing a plethora of things. That does not sit well with me. But I must remind myself that its only the first day. Relax. But after a comment was made about rules of traffic, it reminded me of a couple of things: 1. Whats the use of speed limits, considering people are constantly disobeying them; 2. Since there is no formal and present traffic authority, shouldnt we marvel at people's ability to navigate roads, nonetheless, and cooperate with one another?

No comments: