6.02.2008

African Literature and Art

One of my favorite pastimes besides writing is reading, especially books by African authors. It is a goal of mine to incorporate into this blog, not only news from Africa, but reviews on my favorite books as well. Until I get there, however I have found links to a few blogs that highlight African writing and thought I'd share them.

Cameroon Literature in English is a site that focuses on English writing by Cameroonians. I can see the necessity of this site, considering many people I meet, including Africans, do not realize that Cameroon is also an English speaking country. I have also had difficulty finding novels by Cameroonian writers, so I'm excited that a site showcases their work.

Discovery of Gambian Literature & Writing showcases just that in the form of author profiles.

Wordsbody touches on every aspect of African art, including the beauty of African languages. As does Kenyanpoet, which focuses specifically on Kenya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

African Art has something very special about it. African art has not changed dramatically from the Stone Age till today and this shows in the traditional designs of every type of art, be it African masks, African fabrics, African musical instruments, African ladies Handbags, African carvings and in fact all manner of African art and crafts.