4.19.2008

419ers

My friends laugh when I rail on 419ers, but, honestly, this is not a good look.
I know a few people who have been fooled by some of these scams and though I sympathize with their naiveté, I am amazed by the cunningness of their perpetrators. They are netting millions of dollars and I wish that more Africans would use their intelligence to mastermind projects that benefit the development of their people as a whole. Though, I don't doubt most of these people are sending remittance back to their families in Nigeria, I can't help but imagine the type of world power Nigeria could be if these well thought out and calculated plans were directed towards national development. But now, the international community will probably be more skeptical about forming partnerships with Nigerians and other Africans since these scams have garnered the attention of the FBI and international law enforcement.

No comments: