4.15.2008

Hewa Bora Plane Crash in Goma

Today, there was a plan crash in Goma, that has left almost eighty people dead, and counting.
It caused even more of a worry in my immediate life because two of my colleagues are currently on a humanitarian mission there. Luckily, they were on a day trip outside of Goma and returned in the evening to the chaos of people looking for their relatives lost in the crash.
Several of my other colleagues where not at all surprised by the situation because of the condition and location of the airport and drunken manner in which most of the pilots operate, when they themselves had flown Hewa Bora. When I suggested that we seek other methods of transport to and from Goma, they notified me that other than UN aircrafts this is the only available option.

No comments: