4.28.2008

Africans Do More Than Play Futbol

As surprised as I am to see Africans participate in sports other than soccer, I was even more suprised to see them playing hockey! Especially since it's hard to find a Black person playing that sport, period. I guess I have even more reason, besides the Washington Capitals playoff run, to jump on the hockey bandwagon. After watching their final game, I realized it's a pretty fun sport; very fast and physical. Though, I still don't understand the fact that they're allowed to fight each other, I do appreciate the physicality. Sometimes I get frustrated with basketball when petty fouls are called. Sometimes you should just let the athletes play!
Okay, now I'm deviating from the point of this post. I think it's great that Africans are branching out to playing other sports. And hockey, especially, is a sport that children in all locales and socioeconomic conditions, can participate in through makeshift rinks, pucks, and sticks. I only see good wholesome fun coming out of this.

No comments: